Crafting with Washi Tape
From making your own stickers to decorating your notebooks, there is so much you can do with washi tape! It is one of the easiest, fastest ways to decorate and get creative. Below are some ideas of how you can make the most of this fun crafting supply! So lets start learning the art of crafting with washi tape.
What is Washi Tape?
Washi tape is a type of decorative tape. It is low tack, usually partially transparent, and easy to rip as it is generally made of rice paper. It can be written on for labeling or journaling and comes in just about every pattern imaginable. Pinterest is a great place to go to get some inspiration for your washi tape crafting. The possibilities are endless!
Where Do I Buy It?
Washi Tape Crafting Ideas:
- Make little flags using a toothpick and washi tape. Just wrap the tape around the toothpick and cut a small triangle out of the end to shape the flag.
2) Decorate the cover of your notebook or junk journal. Washi makes for a great, colorful cover.
3) Make washi tape gift tags
4) Use it to decorate the edges of your pages.
5) Use it to frame or tape down the edges of your photos.
6) Cover the spine of your album or scrapbook.
7) Label your crafting storage containers with washi tape.
8) Use paper punches to make washi tape circles with fun patterns.
9) Make washi tape letters for your page titles and more!
10) Make custom stickers by taping the strips together and using a hole punch or cutting them to your desired shape.