Handmade Card Designs for Love
10 Cards for that Special Someone
Looking for the perfect way to tell your boyfriend/girlfriend you love them? Be it for Valentines Day, a Birthday, anniversary or just because – there is no better way to express your love than with something made by hand. Below are some of my handmade card designs for love!
If you are new to card making I suggest keeping things simple. The designs below illustrate some basic concepts of design, using patterned paper and layering techniques to create your very own greeting cards.
What supplies do I need?
In order to make your very own handmade card designs for love. you will need a few basic items. Below are some of the tools I use and would suggest. You can also refer to my list of Basic Supplies for more suggestions.
Check out my Etsy page for more ideas or to buy on of these cards for yourself!
1. Layering card stock helps to make your message stand out. Just use an adhesive roller and your paper trimmer to get the dimensions you want.
2. I love using these journaling cards. Makes the process quick and easy, while still leaving the rest of the design to me. Don’t be afraid to use bright colors! You’re telling someone you love them – be peppy about it!
3. Quotes are also a great way to get your message across. Does he have a favorite book or poem? Choose a passage, print it on a nice, heavy paper in a pretty font and use that as your focal point for the card.
4. I love this design! Don’t be afraid to add some whimsy.
5. For the hipster at heart.
6. Layering and metallic pops of color will add an extra aspect of interest to your design.
7. I love puns! They add humor to your declaration.
8. Make that special someone feel unique and cared for with a compliment card.
9. How does your loved one make you feel? Find quotes and phrases that express your love.
10. XOXOXOXOXO. Sometimes keeping the message simple is all you need.